Friday, July 29, 2005

Type of Christianity

This is one of my favourite of the QuizFarm questionnaires. I did it a few weeks ago when it was floating around the blog world, and just found it again on Helen's blog. I did it again, and came up with the same answers (though perhaps the percentages vary a little).

I think the questions are extremely well formulated, and - at least for me - the answer is spot on. Anyone who's a Christian (and if you're not sure, do the quiz about which religion suits you, just a few posts below this one) would probably benefit from this, which distinguishes several forms of the faith. I am definitely not a fundamentalists, but neither am I a liberal Christian. I don't know a huge amount about the Emergent/Postmodern church, and realise it's probably going in all directions some of which may be a bit worrying. Nevertheless, this (at its best) is the style which most appeals to me.

(NB for anyone having trouble fitting the reply on their blog, I found it best to reduce the table size from 600 to 400 in the HTML, and to remove the picture altogether.)


You scored as Emergent/Postmodern. You are Emergent/Postmodern in your theology. You feel alienated from older forms of church, you don't think they connect to modern culture very well. No one knows the whole truth about God, and we have much to learn from each other, and so learning takes place in dialogue. Evangelism should take place in relationships rather than through crusades and altar-calls. People are interested in spirituality and want to ask questions, so the church should help them to do this.

Emergent/Postmodern


86%

Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan


79%

Neo orthodox


75%

Charismatic/Pentecostal


64%

Roman Catholic


64%

Classical Liberal


64%

Reformed Evangelical


46%

Modern Liberal


39%

Fundamentalist


36%

What's your theological worldview?
created with QuizFarm.com

No comments: