Friday, August 05, 2005

Which theologian

I couldn't find this by a search at QuizFarm, for some reason. But I knew I'd seen it somewhere. Eventually I discovered it on Helen's blog. According to the comment I wrote at the time (six weeks ago) I scored 93% Anselm, followed by 67% Martin Luther and Karl Barth.

This time, I had the same top result, even down to the same percentage. Evidently I need to research Anselm (whoever he might be) since I apparently agree so strongly with his theology. The brief outline below sounds about right, but then most Christians think that way (don't they?)

However I have a couple of extras in that joint second place. I'm a bit surprised to see John Calvin so high up, since I'm pretty sure I'm no Calvinist. And I have no clue who Friedrich Schleiermacher might be. I'd go with Barth and Wesley, though. A mixture of both.


You scored as Anselm. Anselm is the outstanding theologian of the medieval period. He sees man's primary problem as having failed to render unto God what we owe him, so God becomes man in Christ and gives God what he is due. You should read 'Cur Deus Homo?'

Anselm


93%

John Calvin


67%

Karl Barth


67%

Friedrich Schleiermacher


67%

Martin Luther


67%

Augustine


40%

Paul Tillich


40%

Charles Finney


33%

J�rgen Moltmann


33%

Jonathan Edwards


27%

Which theologian are you?
created with QuizFarm.com

No comments: