Monday, August 01, 2005

Jung/Myers-Briggs at HumanMetrics

For what it's worth, and for future reference, here's one of the much-used online tests which (supposedly) gives the Myers-Briggs type. I think the questions aren't bad, and it gave me INFJ which is currently the type I think is probably mine. But then again, perhaps I was biassed in my answers.

What I don't like about this one is that it allocates percentages to the letters. How silly. In the official MBTI, the percentages simply show how likely the answers are to be correct. They don't show the actual strength of preference - such a thing isn't possible anyway. Besides, as some answers are likely to be borderline, that could change from day to day, whereas our type (and temperament) are supposedly fixed at birth.

Anyway, here's what it told me:

Your Type is


INFJ
IntrovertedIntuitiveFeelingJudging
Strength of the preferences %
89383822



Qualitative analysis of your type formula

You are:
  • very expressed introvert
  • moderately expressed intuitive personality
  • moderately expressed feeling personality
  • slightly expressed judging personality

No comments: